South Carolina County Data
Use the list below to select a South Carolina county and learn more about teen pregnancy and STI statistics by region. Looking for data from another state? Check out Power to Decide's State Profiles.
South Carolina County Data Sources
- Teen Birth Data: Data Source: Department of Health and Environment Control, S.C. Community Assessment Network (SCAN), Infant Mortality Module: http://scangis.dhec.sc.gov/scan/
- National Teen Birth Data: Data Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics Report: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_01.pdf
- Teen sexual behavior data: Data Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- Women in Need of Publicly Funded Family Planning Services: Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Guttmacher Institute, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Federal Communication
- Teens Not Enrolled in School and Not Working: Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011-2015 American Community Survey 5 year estimates.
- Percent living in poverty: Data Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011-2015 American Community Survey 5 year estimates.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) data: Data Source: South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/hiv-aids-std-data-and-reports. County specific data available from DHEC by request.