Teen Expressions is an exciting way for teens to display their talents and have their voices heard on issues impacting them and their peers throughout the state. Designed solely for teens, this contest encourages young people to creatively express how they view reproductive health education.
- Anyone in South Carolina between the ages of 14 -19
- Only one submission per person or group will be judged.
- All entries must have a title.
- Groups of (3) or less can submit.
- What are the guidelines for entries?
- Written entries five hundred (500) words or less
- Photography: High-resolution (smartphone photos are acceptable). The photo(s) must be original and not a copy of another work. The photo(s) must be taken by the applicant and only (2) will be accepted in single submission.
- Sketches and Paintings: Submit as a PDF.
- Videos must not be longer than 90 seconds. TikTok and Reels fall under this category.
We will not accept any entry that depicts nudity, profanity, pornography, homophobia, violence, and or racism.
Criteria: Fact Forward Staff and community partners will determine winners based on the following criteria:
- Refers to Reproductive Health, Reproductive Rights, and/or Reproductive Justice.
- Provokes discussion about reproductive health in South Carolina.
- How do you feel you can use your voice to make positive changes regarding reproductive health education?
- What messages do you think the media is sending to your generation about love sex and relationships?
- Do you think becoming a teen parent in 2022 is a challenge?
Deadline: Final Submissions must be received before or on 4/29/2022
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Video submission must be uploaded to YouTube and a link sent to the email above. All other forms must be attached to qualify.
If you need financial assistance to support your entry, please submit a detailed budget not to exceed $250 by April 15, 2022, to email@example.com. An example of items covered included materials for artwork, (pens, pencils, paint, canvas, and other art supplies, as well as a tripod or ring light).
Things not covered are cell phone, and any type of camera. If you have a question and need clarification about an item or need assistance with your application, contact Carol Singletary firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-446-3492.
- First Place: Powerbeats Pro
- Second Place: Bose Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Third Place: $100 Gift Card
All submissions will receive recognition on Fact Forward social media channels.
Winners will be notified via email by May 6, 2022