Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month (TDVAM) takes place every February. This is an issue that impacts everyone - not just teens - but their parents, teachers, friends and communities. To address the issue of teen dating violence together, Fact Forward is sponsoring organizations committed to hosting an event in February that promotes safe, healthy relationships.
We are interested in opportunities that are creative, encourages a diverse group to come together and that specifically meets the needs of your community. When planning your event, don’t hesitate to involve young people in the process. Engage your local youth programs, i.e. scouts, boys’ and girls’ clubs, parks, and recreation, also schools.
We are currently accepting applications from organizations that meet the following criteria:
- The proposal must serve residents of South Carolina.
- Organizations must apply online for community sponsorship funding and provide the required supporting documentation.
- Organizations from Orangeburg and Richland Counties are encouraged to apply.
- The focus of the events and activities during Teen Dating Violence Awareness month must include resources that informs young people how to distinguish between healthy relationships and unhealthy relationships. The young people also must understand what it means to have positive friendships, and glee the ability to recognize that only they can establish their boundaries. Additionally, the power to consent is an individual decision.
- Applications must be submitted by December 4, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- The programs, activities, and events for which you seek funding must comply with Fact Forward’s mission and priorities.
Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month Toolkit
We've created a toolkit for you to make raising awareness within your community simple. In the toolkit you'll find sample social media posts, graphics to share and a discussion guide. On top of that, you'll find the pledge you and your friends can take that shows your commitment to being a safe space for victims to confide in.