Introduction to Reproductive Health for Youth Serving Professionals
Are you new to sex education? Or has it been awhile since you've covered this content? Or would you just like to brush up our knowledge and skills?
Introduction to Reproductive Health for Youth Serving Professionals provides the participant with a general overview of core concepts related to reproductive health as it relates to overall adolescent health. Topics covered include Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology, Adolescent Growth and Development, HIV/STIs, and Contraceptive Technology. This training also provides strategies for teaching comprehensive sexuality education that meet the standards set forth by the Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA).
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
- Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
- List the most common barrier and hormonal contraceptives used by teens and summarize how they work.
- Describe symptoms and treatments for common bacterial and viral sexually transmitted infections & diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
- Identify personal values and the impact of those values on their ability to effectively teach about adolescent sexuality issues.
- Identify guidelines for answering sensitive questions regarding sexuality, HIV, STDs, and adolescent pregnancy prevention.
Event Target Audience:
Anyone who works with youth:
- People who work with youth in group homes
- People who work with youth in after school programs
- People who work with youth in youth groups
- People who work with youth as an educator
Location & Address:
January 8th, 2021
Late registration must be approved by the training department (email@example.com or 803-771-7700), and is subject to a $25 late registration fee.
If you are interested in additional information about this training and the possibility of having one in your area please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-771-7700.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made no later than 72 hours before the date of the training. No-shows forfeit registration costs.
Inclement Weather Policy: Fact Forward follows the City of Columbia for weather closings. We monitor and adjust as necessary. We make all efforts to connect with registrants via email to advise of office closing and delayed starts. In case of cancellation of training due to weather, we will refund registration fees and make all efforts to reschedule in a timely manner.