Friday, October 25th at 8:30am to Saturday, October 26th at 12:30pm
Join over 100 health care leaders from across South Carolina for our 2019 Contraceptive Leadership Summit. The Summit gathers health professionals from across the state of South Carolina to share best practices and new innovations related to contraceptive care.
About the Conference
This event is for healthcare professionals. The summit is designed to give insight into ways communities can improve the access and distribution of evidence-based contraceptive and reproductive healthcare services to young people. In addition to talking about ways to make contraception more accessible to teens, the sharing of challenges and successes among participants helps promote innovative ideas and knowledge sharing.
We will offer CME’s and General CEU. Travel assistance for lodging and milage is available for South Carolina residents. Read full Travel Assistance Policy below.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 803.771.7700.
- Contraceptive Counseling
- Recommendations for HIV Care for family planning
- Working with Sexual Assault Survivors in Reproductive Care
- Minors Rights and Reproductive Health Care
Registration Fee: Early Bird (before Aug 30): $50 | Regular: $75
Registration ends October 15th!
Friday, October 25, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Power Sessions
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Keynote, Eric Rowles & Fred Baker, The Secret Life of Bees
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Keynote Speaker, Tanya Bass, MPH, CHES, The Historical Context of Health Bias
4:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Awards Presentation
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Break
4:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. Keynote: Wendy Nakatsukasa-Ono, Shared Equity in Contraceptive Care
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Networking Reception
Saturday, October 26, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 10 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Opening Remarks
8:45 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Keynote: Tracey Foo, MD, MPH, MBA, Working Towards an HPV Cancer Free SC
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
One great reason to attend...
“This conference allows everyone to focus on how their practice can improve or transform their service delivery for contraceptive care. It energizes the participants to try new things and hear what great things are happening across the state related to contraceptive access."
-Dr. Rena Dixon, Health Services Coordinator for Fact Forward
Travel Assistance Policy
To be eligible, participants must request travel assistance, and complete registration form by September 30, 2019.
- Fact Forward encourages organizations to send multiple staff members to its meetings and conferences, however Fact Forward will provide travel and lodging assistance for a maximum of two people per organization per meeting/conference. The travel assistance is not guaranteed for every applicant. This policy helps ensure that Fact Forward's limited funds support meeting and conference attendance for as many member organizations as possible.
- Travel assistance recipients are responsible for working with Fact Forward's Health Services Specialist, Yajaira Maldonado, for any approval documents and reimbursements. All receipts and documentation will need to be submitted to Yajaira Maldonado no later than November 28th 2019 in order to get reimbursed. Mileage will be reimbursement according to the IRS $0.58 per mile. Fact forward will not provide reimbursements for the following items: food, travel insurance, flights, baggage fees, hotel early check out or cancellation fees, incidentals, parking, mileage reimbursement to and from airports, or traveling in an official company vehicle.
- Travel assistance will cover recipient’s hotel accommodations which will be provided by Fact Forward group block. Hotel information will be provided in your registration confirmation email after application for assistance its approved. All registrations and travel assistance applications should be completed by September 30th 2019. No travel assistance applications will be reviewed after September 30th 2019. Fact Forward reserves the right to deny any travel and/or lodging assistance after the application deadline.
- Travel and lodging recipients who fail to attend the meeting/conference will be responsible for reimbursing Fact Forward for the full cost hotel fees, including cancellation fees, no-show penalties, or early check out fees. Travel and lodging recipients will also be responsible for the costs in any reservation changes they request.
Please direct any questions regarding travel assistance to Yajaira Maldonado Health Services Support Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org