Summer Institute 2022: A Recap
The 2022 Summer Institute was held at the North Charleston Marriott from June 14-16. Now in it’s 23rd year, Summer Institute - Redefining a New Era in Adolescent Health: From ________ to Facts, provided space for youth-serving professionals to learn from one another and grow their capacity to serving the young people in their community.
Here are some key #SummerInstitute22 highlights:
- The majority of participants, 70 percent, were first-time attendees
- 13 states and 1 U.S. territory were represented
- 147 participants attended
- 95 percent of participants reported being either “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the sessions they attended
- Conference engagement winners received prizes such as condoms & a condom dispenser case, gift cards, free SI 2023 registration, free training, and a year-long subscription to Sex Ed Lecture Series Trainings
- The inaugural Carol Singletary Community Impact award was given to Rev. Ellis White, Jr. from Edisto Fork United Methodist Church in Orangeburg County
- Murray L. Vincent Outstanding Prevention Professional award was given to Carol Burdette from United Way of Anderson County
- Adolescent Health Professional Panel facilitated by Dr. Tanya Bass, Lawana Brown, Jennifer Driver, Mariotta Gary-Smith, Dr. Tracie Gilbert, ReZsaun Lewis
- Keynote was given by Kevin Powell, a political, cultural, literary, and hip-hop voice with expertise in the area of healthy manhood & diversity
- 98 percent of participants felt that Summer Institute is a valuable resource to their professional work
To view & download all the pictures from the conference, view our Summer Institute 2022 album below!